Wednesday, February 1, 2012

National Cancer Prevention Month

Happy Groundhog Day! February is National Cancer Prevention Month. I just came across a brand new magazine called: Survivors, with the first issue sharing extraordinary art work focusing on breast cancer survivors. The project is called the Breast Cancer Awareness Body Painting Project. The artists took individual survivor's stories and used them to create body art images to empower their canvases and inspire others. I really like what I see so far, and I hope the magazine is a success. This issue also has survivor health tips and links to other great resources. I'd rather read this while in the waiting room instead of Vogue or Women's Daily.

13 more radiation treatments to go.

This made me laugh! Story of my life lately...



Relevant/Unrelated News: Lots of drama today surrounding the Susan G. Komen foundation's decision to pull funding from Planned Parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment