Thursday, January 26, 2012

Helping=Happiness=Healing

A close friend posted this on Facebook today: 12 things happy people do differently

 It reminded me of how much I want to set an example for my little girl and teach her that happiness comes from helping others. Interesting to note: helping others actually helps make a happy heart and happiness=health! Many other support groups and coping resources suggest the same. I'm sad to admit, I haven't made time or put forth the effort to do anything for anyone else lately. I haven't even sent out my thank you cards from Olivia's party. I'm happy just to get the dishes done, really. I'm sure if I did volunteer somewhere, I might have more energy and feel better. I've done the Making Strides walk and made donations etc, but none of it counts unless I spend my time and energy on it. My brother is on the board for the organization: KEEN (Kids Enjoy Exercise Now) and I'm so proud of him.  I'm definitely adding: "more acts of kindness," to my list of goals for when I am post treatment. So far, I'm back and work and picking up speed and feeling so much better to get back into a routine. Spring is around the corner, and I can't wait to start running again and spending time outside with Olivia :) Maybe I'll train for a marathon! But for now, I'll just start with sharing this post and maybe donating a dollar for homeless pets whenever I get cat food.

No comments:

Post a Comment