Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Inked by Kaiser

Free tattoos today. I was graphed for my upcoming radiation treatment in January. They placed beauty mark sized tattoos on my chest to make sure I am lined up the same way each day. I am so sick of getting poked, but I can start see the light at the end of the laser. I'll be done with all of this by February.

Apparently the radiation treatment includes my entire right breast. For some reason I thought it was just the spot where the tumor was. That spot will get particularly more radiation, but the entire breast is treated as a whole. I'm pretty light skinned, so it will probably burn, but the Dr. says this should be a walk in the park compared to chemo. No expected nausea, stomach issues, bone pain or headaches. Just unexplained tiredness. I'm extremely skeptical given what I went through after my first chemo treatment, so she agreed to release me back to work only part time in January.

I had the brilliant idea to start potty training yesterday. It's about as fun and successful as watching water boil, but since I happen to have the time, I figured it can't hurt to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment