Sunday, August 28, 2011

You're so vein, you probably think this post is about you.

I think I mentioned previously that the first IV didn't work and I thought the nurse hit a nerve. Well, now it looks like some chemo probably escaped under my skin. My arm is turning red near the injection site and the pain goes all through my thumb. It actually hurts to make this entry. Please feel bad for me?



(Update: This turned out to be a bad case of shingles. The entire red area above blistered and oozed out of control while I was in the hospital. I had to keep ice on it constantly and take percoset for the pain. Here is a pic of what it mutated into while I was in the hospital:


After the blisters oozed and then scabbed the rash was pretty much gone, but the area is still numb to the touch and discolored. I hope I never get this ever again. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The ordeal lasted about 2 and a half weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment